Monday, November 26, 2012

Back To The Real World...

...at least for the next three weeks. After that, my post-finals self will be back at home, relaxing and enjoying Christmas break! Being back on campus isn't bad, though! I've missed my friends here. Also, while everyone was gone for Thanksgiving, this place got a major holiday facelift! Walking into the student center was more like walking into Santa's Workshop (give or take a little). I. LOVE. Christmas. Just saying that doesn't even seem sufficient, but I'll stick with that for lack of better words.

This morning, I said bye-bye for a bit to my sweet family, and then headed off. Technically, it was Tim who headed off, and took me along. There have been having some technical issues with my car, so for the past few weeks, I haven't been able to drive it. I'm so thankful that I have people who are willing to drive me to and from campus! Tim not only made the hour-long drive to bring me here this morning, but then he waited for me during two of my classes so that we could have lunch together. He's so sweet!! Just saying.

My classes were alright today- pretty normal, if I do say so myself. I did receive the GLORIOUS news that my Wednesday and Friday Contemporary World classes are cancelled! Wahooo!! I'm overly thrilled about that, especially considering that my family and Tim's family are leaving on Thursday night for a trip to Texas, so I would have missed the Friday class anyway! That's one less absence!

Tonight, I'm going to a bonfire! Those seem to come up a lot these days- literally, almost every weekend! It's the "Freshman Island Bonfire"- and free food is involved. What's not to love?! I think I'm going with Hannah, Layne, and Anjelica- three super sweet friends that I've made since moving here! I LOVE them. A lot. They are so sweet and encouraging, and they make me laugh like a crazy person.

Well, I do suppose I shall unpack all of my belongings. Toodloo!

-clg


No comments:

Post a Comment